ESEIA International Student Camp 2022
You are invited to take part in the ESEIA Student Camp 2022 to solve complex real world problems together with experts from industry and academia.
- Familiarize with the current biorefinery products, processes and challenges.
- Work in small groups and learn about opportunities for market growth with a focus on bioresources.
- Meet people with similar interests and start networking.
- Reach beyond your limits at this year’s Student Camp.
Topic: Process Development and Evaluation in Biorefinery Industry
Timing: 21 – 25 March 2022
Host: ESEIA member LNEG, Lisbon, Portugal
Registration opening: 17 January 2022
Aim: The aim of the Student Camp is to challenge students to systematically solve complex, real-world problems related to bioenergy and biorefineries together with experts from industry and academia.
- Students enrolled in a Master/PhD program with the following backgrounds: Biorefinery/(Bio)Chemical/Mechanical/Material Engineering, Economics and Marketing
- Early-Stage Researchers (ESRs) working in industry or academia
Expressions of interest:
- Deadline for student applications: 15 February 2022. Participation is for free!
- Students will be selected by 28 February 2022 on the basis of their CV and letter of motivation (support letters are optional).
- Please register HERE.
Please find the brochure of the ESEIA Student Camp 2022 here.
EPNOE – ESEIA International Summer School 2022
Topic: Sustainable Materials for RES Applications
Timing: 11 – 15 July 2022
Host: EPNOE Member ICMAB, ES
Format: presence mode
Main topical focus:
Smart Energy Materials have a vast potential to help industry and society grow into a new climate neutral era. The aim is to reduce dependence on rare earths, and enhance performance and efficiency, such as improving light‐weight materials and their manufacturing techniques for renewable energy harvesting, storage, and use.
EPNOE and ESEIA WG Smart Energy Materials organized a Workshop 29 June 2021 followed by a mapping exercise to define sustainable materials and their applications for climate neutrality.
As a result, the epnoe – eseia ISS will study a range of sustainable materials including nano‐cellulose based biomaterials, multi‐material polymers, bioresins, photocatalysts, rare earths, and permanent magnets. These materials will be characterized and their application potential highlighted for RES applications, including in renewable energy provision from solar, wind and hydrogen, storage systems, heating and cooling systems, fuel production systems, inter‐ and multimodal transport.
Target audience: early PhD, master students, post-graduate level
ESEIA Conference 2022
Topic: Towards Climate Neutral Energy Communities
Host: ESEIA Member The Cyprus Institute, Cyprus
Date: 2 – 3 November 2022
Key topics addressed:
- Climate change impact on energy needs and sources
- Distributed energy generation and storage, new systems, approaches and materials
- Sustainable heating and cooling
- Positive energy buildings and districts
- Embedded emissions and circular urban metabolism
- Community engagement, climate education, behavioural approaches and strategies, energy poverty
- Decarbonisations of local mobility systems
- Emerging nature based solutions
- Green aesthetics and architecture
- Policy and finance mix for the achievement of climate neutral communties
- Hybrid (Nicosia and online platform)
- Keynote speeces and panel discussions
- 5 thematic ESEIA Working Group Sessions
- Side events from current projeces
- Innovators’ space
More information coming soon!